I love the ideas of the Critical Thinking sheets, because it demands of us to do some research in places that we might not otherwise look. That being said, I feel like they are sometimes lacking a goal and then in class they are not discussed enough in a manner by which we learn much more about the topic, other than peoples' opinions about their findings. I would love it if, in conjunction with the assignment, we were assigned a couple articles or studies that explain either one facet of or the general concern around the issue we are critically thinking about. I do enjoy that the workload is not particularly heavy, but I wouldn't mind a few readings added on top of things to help illustrate our conversations and get everyone on the same page. Essentially, can we bump up the educational component regarding the issues we discuss in class?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Climate change is for real. We have just a small window of opportunity and it is closing rather rapidly. There is not a moment to lose." — Dr. Rajendra Pachauri

No comments:
Post a Comment